Saturday, August 1, 2009

Coach McMackin suspended over "faggot dance" WTF

This story makes me ill. Hawaii's Coach McMackin was suspended without pay for 30 days for referring to Notre Dame's chant before a banquet dinner in 2008. McMackin called it a "little faggod dance."

Big freakin deal! I am sure Coach McMackin was not the first coach in history to use the word 'faggot'. Right after he said he, he APOLOGIZED. Again and again, and yet again. Now, he's been suspended for 30 days, he's getting a pay cut, he'll have to participate with the lesbian, gay etc. community on campus to "improve relations," he'll appear in a public service announcement "describing how words can hurt, present during student orientations and support awareness training for the athletics program " AND the money from his salary cut will be used to support a "student intern for LGBT to assist in conduction campus-wide workshops in awareness training."

I think this has blown way out of proportion! He didn't hit anyone with a car while drunk, he didn't beat a woman, he said 'faggot.'

Stop apologizing McMackin-once should have been enough, even twice perhaps. Stop being so sensitive people please. This is a football coach, not a choreographer.


Following Text from Mahalo.com:

"While speaking at a media event on July 30, 2009, McMackin was talking about the ritual the Notre Dame players do. He said, "I know most of the coaches in the country are rooting for us to beat Notre Dame. Charlie gives this talk, ‘We do something special at Notre Dame,’ and (the players) get up and they do this little cheer ... this little faggot dance." He then went on to describe how the players in Hawaii do a Ha'a dance.

After the statement, McMackin told reporters, "Don't write that "faggot" down. I was misquoted. Just please...cover for me. Go ahead, say "faggot dance." No, please cover for me on that, too...Right Karl? I'll deny it. Anything else?"

After his remarks, McMackin left, but returned and immediately apologized for the remark. He said, "I want to officially, officially apologize. Please don’t write that statement I said as far as Notre Dame. The reason is I don’t care about Notre Dame. But I’m not a … I don’t want to come out and have every homosexual ticked off at me. You know what I mean, because I don’t have any problem with homosexuals. But I apologize for saying that and I’d appreciate it if you wouldn’t run that word. If you said ‘dance,’ that’s OK. But don’t use the bad term that I chose, please. Thank you."

From Mahalo.com "Coach McMackin Gay Slur"



NOTRE DAME INTRO EXAMPLE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8bk_gHnETk

HAWAII Ha'a