Monday, August 3, 2009

Uncovered Obama: Single payer health care…

A video featuring clips of President Barack Obama talking about his plans for a single-payer health care plan surfaced on the Internet in August 2009.

The video begins with a clip of President Obama, speaking at the AMA in June 2009, addressing an "illegitimate concern" by people who claim "a public option is somehow a Trojan horse for a single-payer system."

In the next clip, circa 2007, Senator Obama states "my commandment is to make sure we have universal health care for all americans by the end of my first term...but I don't think we're going to be able to eliminate employer coverage immediately..."

The then-Senator Obama addresses the AFL-CIO's Civil, Human and Women's Rights Conference in 2003. Obama said "I happen to be a proponent of a single-payer, universal health care plan...that's what I'd like to see."

+ More contradictions....Watch...



More At Mahalo: Uncovered Obama Video